ALL HALLOWS FLASH-BACK HISTORY
All Hallows was dedicated in 1935 & Rectors since have been Eric Wyllie (1943-1958) Gordon Hewitson (1958-1965), Stuart Smith (1965-1970) Bill Bennetts (1970-1985) Owen Thomas (1985-1996), Stephen Clark (1996-2014), Nic Denny-Dimitriou (2015-).
There had been a centre of Anglican worship at Blackwood long back when a wood & iron hall stood on the site near the Shepherds Hill roundabout. This hall was moved from the site & re-erected on the now Childcare Centre site & for 20years served as the worship centre. However in May 1934, an arsonist set fire to the hall and a church building was put up at a cost of 1,530 pounds & a hall for 620 pounds. This building was demolished in the mid1970’s to make way for extensions to the parish hall. The Rectory was built & blessed on 29th November 1969.
Links to information about the history of our parish
State Library - photos
City of Mitcham - brochure